UC Health named Michael Legg, MHA, chief data and analytics officer for the bustling regional academic health system to drive a culture of data-driven innovation.
Michael Legg, MHA, brings to the Greater Cincinnati region more than 15 years of large organizational experience required for a major academic medical center. Most recently Mr. Legg served Yale-New Haven Health System has executive director reporting and analytics for the 8,200 staff, 25,000 employee system. At Yale, he drove the implementation of centralized data and analytics department serving Yale’s School of Medicine and affiliated health system. Along the way, he established governance and prioritization processes which are not easy affairs in large, notoriously “political” academic medical systems—including research and clinical trials.
Now he takes on a similar role at UC Health, an integrated system covering the Greater Cincinnati and Northern Kentucky region. Partnering with the University of Cincinnati, UC Health incorporates clinical expertise with research and teaching—offering patients a sophisticated range of healthy options. Members of UC Health include:
- University of Cincinnati Medical Center
- West Chester Hospital
- Daniel Drake Center for Post-Acute Care
- Bridgeway Pointe Assisted Living
- University of Cincinnati Physicians (over 800 board-certified clinicians and surgeons)
- Linder Center of HOPE
- Several specialized institutes including (UC Gardner Neuroscience Institute, UC Cancer Institute; UC Heart, Lung & Vascular Institute).
UC Health conducts a wide range of clinical research and its Office of Clinical Research showcases some of its operations and initiative.