AZCentral reports that although Arizona’s hospitals look wonderfully healthy, storm clouds are building. Industry disruption, competitive forces, and new business models represent a confluence of factors that will transform healthcare in America as we know it. Some trends:
- Specialty clinics represent a growing competitive force
- Payers seek greater deals and lower provider operating margins
- Over 120 million in American on some form of government-backed insurance—these public sector-based plans don’t fully pay the bills
- Competitive pressures leading to cost and ultimately value-based models transform the market
- Follow the link to learn more.