Health care organizations increasingly understand that patient engagement and overall experience matters. Hence several hospitals are now hiring “patient experience” leaders to help these providers lead the patient engagement movement. Clinical sponsors and research sites take notice as the same patient engagement movement gains steam in clinical trials.
See an example of seven hospitals hiring a patient experience leader. This list is not exhaustive, and it can be expected that most providers and ultimately, research sites will have a similar function.
1. Falls Church, Va.-based Inova Health System seeks an assistant vice president of patient experience.
2. Union Hospital of Cecil County in Elkton, Md., seeks a patient experience officer.
3. UMMC Midtown Campus in Baltimore seeks a director of patient experience.
4. New York City-based NYC Health + Hospitals/Queens seeks a patient experience officer.
5. Dallas-based Baylor Scott & White Health seeks a patient experience adviser.
6. Central Maine Medical Center in Lewiston seeks a chief customer experience officer.
7. Longmont, Colo.-based Centura Health seeks a patient experience program manager.